We are looking for a new person to join us at BrightWord!
The successful candidate will be working in a small, friendly and hard working team so will need to be able to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in with all areas of the business.
Each day is so different here at BrightWord – one day you could be writing a blog article and the next organising an experiential event for press. The candidate should be well versed in multi-tasking and capable of working across multiple clients for multiple audiences. Self-motivation and organisation is key to this role – as is a natural aptitude for PR and marketing.
Our client portfolio spans a diverse range of sectors including jewellery, theatre, weddings, sailing and sustainability. This role will be mainly B2C focused and will be fast paced so the candidate needs to be able to prioritise and manage their time effectively to meet tight deadlines.
Experience within a PR role is essential. The candidate must have a nose for news and what is interesting to a journalist, and should be able to easily identify hooks and create stories for PR and partnership marketing campaigns.
Part of the role will also involve marketing activities such as social media management, copywriting, developing and delivering e-newsletter campaigns and managing design and print materials when necessary. There also may be some event management, which means occasionally working on an evening/weekend.
– Experience in PR – identifying news hooks, writing press releases, pitching to the right press contacts, media liaison, working with print and online media
– Social media management – developing relevant and engaging social media content and managing a wide range of social media channels
– Excellent copywriting skills – ability to craft fresh content for a range of platforms and audiences, understanding the importance of tone of voice, accuracy and engagement
– Attention to detail – must have excellent attention to detail in all areas of work, from proof reading to data analysis
– Demonstrable interpersonal skills and client management experience – it is important that the candidate can build a rapport and professional relationship with clients, press, suppliers and other contacts
– Driving License – essential due to office location and client meetings
– Familiar with managing printers and designers, and overseeing the development of marketing materials
– Ideally used to working in a small team – getting involved in all tasks from strategy to research and data processing
– Experience of creating a strategic PR or marketing campaign, monitoring and delivering results with challenging budgets
This position is open to full or part time applicants but it requires a minimum of 4 days per week. The salary is dependent on experience.
This is a great opportunity to develop existing PR skills in a small and friendly environment, with great potential for career progression.
If you are successfully shortlisted and invited for an interview, please allow time for a PR based writing exercise.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until we find the right candidate.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.