Have you found yourself with a little extra time this January but don’t know where to start when it comes to organising your marketing and PR? From press lists to pitches, we have collated our top tips for using this time wisely to get ahead with your marketing and PR…
- Review Press Lists and Contacts – make sure your database of media contacts and target press is up to date. Have any journalists moved publications or are there any relevant new titles/blogs/influencers to add?
- Research – our favourite word when it comes to PR, but it really is integral. Now is a great time to pick up issues of your target media and look on their websites to remind yourselves of regular features and the style of content they favour.
- Key 2022 dates – start a content calendar with key dates including company events, industry events, relevant brand awareness days and national events as well as a schedule of PR pitches to ensure you are always planning ahead. Remember many printed magazines are working 3-6 months in advance so you should be thinking and pitching spring stories now!
- Asset Update – review key assets such as your image library, press release boiler plate and bios as well as social media bios, website copy and e-newsletter template.
- Training – now could be the perfect time for some training or refresher sessions on any areas you are less confident on.
- Feeling overwhelmed? Why not book in for a Power Hour with a member of our team to help give you focus and direction as well as advice tailored to you and your business.